Friday, January 30, 2009

Review - Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner

" Our gentle daily shampoo helps repair damage with quinoa protein, while nurturing with rich coconut and babassu—lending new life to hair. Our daily conditioning formula with quinoa protein helps repair and re-moisturize damaged hair—infusing it anew with healthy movement, silkiness and shine. " Shampoo 8.5 fl. oz. $24, Conditioner 6.7 fl. oz. $24

I am reviewing this awesome Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner together only because I truthfully believe they should be used together. And, yeah I get it, spending close to $50 on your shampoo and conditioner seems completely unrealistic, but I am telling you it is so good that it is totally worth it! You probably won't need to use it very often, I had pretty damaged hair, box blond dye, I wear it up a lot, and I occasionally blow dry. So yeah the basic prescription for super-damaged hair. This shampoo and conditioner is like miracle serum. My hair is so incredibly healthy shiny and bright that I hardly recognize it. I haven't had to use any special conditioning masks or anything since the first week of use. Now, by the fourth I am just completely in love. It doesn't tangle as easily, stays straighter without any help from me. I am completely sold, without any hesitation. I will repurchase in a heartbeat, but I probably won't need to soon!

Amanda S. Says: Oh Aveda, how do I love thee? My world in the past few weeks has been this: me trying to look out at the world with a straight face through a frazzled rat's nest of a hairdo. You see, I am trying to go with the times and be a little less strict in my hair care. I recently made a bet that I wouldn't cut my hair at all for a year, so I stopped ironing and straight up beating my hair into a straight line, and instead I have been trying to laminate it with various products, continue dying it, and leave the rest up to the gods. What this has done was made me realize the importance of not using a cheapo conditioner and shampoo. Even though I only actually wash my hair once or twice a week, even this fried my head and dried out my scalp horribly. I regret the terrible mistakes I have made recently, and am so glad Aveda exists. These two products, in a week, turned my hair from a place for squirrels to hide into a nice wavy sleek looking hairdo. They smell great and a little goes a long way. That's why I always love Aveda.

Hillary says: Last year I got a 3-use sample of this shampoo and conditioner that I used once and promptly left at a hotel. We were almost out of Montreal on our way home when I realized I'd left them and I was "this close" to making my husband bring me back to the hotel to retrieve them. It's just that good. It makes my hair look amazing and silky and the smell is divine although I can't really put my finger on what it smells like. It smells clean- yes- but I would swear it has a hint of black pepper to it. That may sound weird, but I am really digging it. My husband also commented how good it smelled. Now for the down side, the price. The shampoo and conditioner are $24 each. Ordinarily that would completely turn me off a product, but I know what care and quality ingredients go into Aveda products and I'm willing to pay extra for a product that delivers on it's promises and this duo does. I'm also willing to pay extra for Aveda products in general because of their strict environmental policies. For example, their factories are run by clean wind power. Another impressive initiative they have started is their bottle caps recycling program. I participate and it only takes a trip to your local Aveda every couple of months to keep all the plastic from bottle caps and shampoo tops out of landfills. If you are interested, there is more information
here. It's a really great program and I feel the extra few dollars I spend for Aveda products are worth my peace of mind.

No comments: