Friday, January 30, 2009

Review - Dr. Michelle Copeland Advanced Acne Solution


Developed by renowned New York Plastic surgeon, Dr. Michelle Copeland, this advanced acne formula contains powerful azelaic acid, salicylic acid and BSF (balanced sebum formula) for resistant acne. While powerful, it doesn’t cause drying or flaking. This formula also contains soothing aloe and cucumber to reduce inflammation and lipoic acid and antioxidants to stimulate cell renewal.

This spray solution, containing 2% salicylic acid, is an easy, spray-on way to treat acne-prone skin from my favorite, Dr. Michelle Copeland. Her line has never failed to impress me, and this one is no exception. Aside from the fact that it's easy to apply (the little spray bottle makes it simple), this stuff REALLY works. I started using it, and about a week later, saw a friend of mine who actually asked what I was doing to my skin, because it looked really "clear and luminous." If you ask me, that's the real test, and this Advanced Acne Solution passed with flying colors! It's fairly expensive, but it lasts a long time (the fact that you spray it means that you use less than you would with cotton balls), and I've found I can use it every other day rather than every day with similar results, since it tends to be a bit drying (obviously, since it's acne-fighting). Still, I'd recommend it for teenagers or young women with moderate acne.


Hillary says: I am "fortunate" enough to have dry skin, slight wrinkles and occasional acne. I assumed right off the bat that this potion would be too drying for me to use, but I gave it the old college try anyway. Amazingly enough, even though it contains salicylic acid, it left my face acne free without drying it up. I use a prescription retinoid, so I alternated nights with that and this solution. My skin looks wonderful with this one-two punch. I recommend this for women and men with any skin type who break out.

Amanda S. Says: It's absolutely official. I will never use an acne treatment that isn't from Dr. Michelle Copeland's line. I have had a horrible run of things lately, my skin is frazzled and I'm breaking out for the first time in my life. I went through so many products and each one burned or turned everything more red, at the least, the just did NOTHING. I am so relieved to be using this line of products now so I can show my face without wondering how awful my skin looks all day. 

No comments: